Erickson Place Apartments is an equal opportunity housing provider. We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, or familial status. We fully comply with the Fair Housing Act and all state and local fair housing laws. We hold all applicants to the same standard.
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on the building systems we restrict the number of people who reside in an apartment. The maximum number of occupants per apartment is as follows:
- One Bedroom:Two people
- Two Bedroom: Four people
After you have competed your application, you will receive an email instructing you to complete, and pay for, the Full Check report. You application will be declined after two days if the Full Check report is not completed and paid for. Applications are processed in the order in which they are completed with the Full Check report. Application fees are non-refundable. The cost of the Full Check report cannot be refunded.
After your rental application has been reviewed and accepted you be invoiced for the application fee. If the application fee is not paid within 2 business days, your application will be declined. If your application is approved, you’ll need to pay the deposit within 2 business days in order to secure the apartment. If you can’t pay the deposit within 2 business days, we’ll need to move on to other applicants. If communications go unanswered for more than 12 hours, we will consider your application withdrawn and move on to other applicants.
If your selected move in date is more than 30 days from the date of your application, we will need to consider other applicants who can move in sooner.
All apartment occupants 18 years of age or older must complete an application. All applications are subject to approval by Erickson Place Apartments Management based on the following criteria:
- Age/ID: All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid photo identification.
- Income: The verifiable combined monthly gross income of all applicants applying for an apartment must be at least 3 times the monthly rent amount. Self employed applicants must provide a financial statement from a CPA or a previous year’s tax statement. If you are unemployed or your income is less than the required amount, you must provide proof of a source of revenue, verifiable income, availability to assets, or additional security if applicable.
- Credit Check: Your credit score (VantageScore 3.0) must be 650 points or more. Any collection proceeding or judgment must have a zero balance or written payment arrangement. Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits. One or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application. A bankrupcy within the last 7 years will result in denial of the application.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will be conducted and must be able to be completed on each applicant. The inability to obtain a complete criminal background check, any felony or gross misdemeanor charge(s) and/or convictions will be grounds for immediate denial of an application. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, prostitution and/or involving the possession of weapons will be grounds for the immediate denial of an application. Multiple criminal convictions may be grounds for denial of an application.
- Rental History: You must have a positive housing history. Refusal by a former landlord to provide a reference or a negative reference from a prior landlord may be grounds for denial of an application. If you have ever been evicted or sued by a previous landlord, your application will be rejected.
- Cosigners: We do not accept cosigners.
- Smokers: If you are a smoker, we will not rent to you.
- Other Reasons for Denial: While this Rental Policy contains the primary criteria that will be used in accepting or rejecting an application, it does not and cannot list all of the reasons why an application may be denied.