Erickson Place Apartments is an equal opportunity housing provider. We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, or familial status. We fully comply with the Fair Housing Act and all state and local fair housing laws.
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on the building systems we restrict the number of people who reside in an apartment. The maximum number of occupants per apartment is as follows:
- One Bedroom:Two people
- Two Bedroom: Four people
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Unprocessed applications will be refunded the application fee. For example: 3 people separately apply for an apartment. I process the first application. The applicant is qualified and we sign a lease. The other 2 people will be refunded their application fee because I didn’t process their applications.
All apartment occupants 18 years of age or older must complete an application. All applications are subject to approval by Erickson Place Apartments Management based on the following criteria:
- Age/ID: All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid photo identification and have a legal right to be present in the United States.
- Income: The verifiable combined monthly gross income of all applicants applying for an apartment must be at least 3 times the monthly rent amount. Self employed applicants must provide a financial statement from a CPA or a previous year’s tax statement. If you are unemployed or your income is less than the required amount, you must provide proof of a source of revenue, verifiable income, availability to assets, or additional security if applicable.
- Credit Check: Your credit score must be 625 points or more. Any collection proceeding or judgment must have a zero balance or written payment arrangement. Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits. Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
- Guarantors: If you do not meet one or more of the income or credit check criteria stated above, you may be able to qualify for an apartment if a third party is willing to guaranty your lease or if you are willing to provide an additional security deposit in an amount determined by Management. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process that you must pass, except that we will deduct the guarantor’s own housing costs before applying the guarantor’s income to our income requirement.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will be conducted and must be able to be completed on each applicant. The inability to obtain a complete criminal background check, any felony or gross misdemeanor charge(s) and/or convictions will be grounds for the immediate denial of an application. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, prostitution and/or involving the possession of weapons will be grounds for the immediate denial of an application. Multiple criminal convictions may be grounds for denial of an application.
- Rental History: You must have a positive housing history. Refusal by a former landlord to provide a reference or a negative reference from a prior landlord may be grounds for denial of an application. If you have been evicted or sued by a previous landlord in the past five years, your application will be rejected.
- Other Reasons for Denial: While this Rental Policy contains the primary criteria that will be used in accepting or rejecting an application, it does not and cannot list all of the reasons why an application may be denied.
If you application is approved, you’ll need to pay the security deposit within 4 calendar days in order to secure the apartment. If you can’t pay the deposit within 4 calendar days, we’ll need to move on to other applicants.